Hamilton Beach Two Way Brewer Single Serve and 12-cup Coffee Maker
- Two ways to brew your coffee, single serve or full pot.
- 12 cup glass carafe included or brew into a travel or regular sized mug using single serve finction
- Uses ground coffee, unique scoop measures and filters ground coffee for the perfect cup everytime
- Brew strength function for bold or regular coffee and fully programmable with auto shutoff
- Durable stainless steel construction.
Hamilton Beach The Two-Way Brewer – 49980
For all the coffee drinkers and aficionados who despise the long cafe lines, dread the overwhelming coffee options or need a fix for those early morning caffeine pains — fear no more! There’s finally an affordable, low-maintenance coffeemaker that can brew a basic or premium roast coffee in a fraction of the time and cost as the coffeehouse: The Two-Way Brewer.
With stainless steel durability and twice the brewing options as other leading coffeemakers, the Two-Way Brewer doubles as a compact single-serve coffeemaker for everyday personal enjoyment and a full 12-cup pot machine. Whether it’s 7:00 AM or a late-night indulgence, this two-for-the-price-of-one coffeemaker lets coffee drinkers decide the right size to start their day and enjoy the best convenience for their schedule
If simplifying the morning wake-up routine is top priority, then rise and shine with the “single-serve side” which can brew a standard-size cup or travel mug-size cup for solo enjoyment. If entertaining is the highlight of the hour, simply switch to the “carafe side” and watch as the Two-Way Brewer makes a full 12-cup pot of coffee in less than four minutes. So much in so little space, the Two-Way Brewer provides gourmet service, gourmet options and gourmet appeal at a fraction of the standard price and in a fraction of the traditional space.
PRODUCT FEATURE BENEFITS
- Two ways to brew — single cup or full 12-cup glass carafe
- 14-oz. stainless steel travel mug with lid and 12-cup glass carafe included
- Standard-size “single-serve side” water reservoir for easy, one-time filling
- “Carafe-side” water reservoir with extra-large capacity and measurement markings “Single-serve side” Brew Basket comes with a mesh filter to hold ground coffee or pre-packaged soft pods
- “Single-serve side” multilevel cup rest adjusts/stacks to fit all cup and mug sizes
- Pod holder snaps onto the single-serve brew basket to hold soft pods
- Brew strength selector for brewing REGULAR or BOLD preferred flavor/strength
- Control panel and display, with hour and minute buttons to program the brewing time up to 24 hours beforehand
- Equipped with programmable timer with 2-hour automatic shutoff
Two-Way Brewing Options
Whichever way you decide to brew, the Two-Way Brewer lets you do both. For a single cup when you’re on the go, the “single-serve side” lets you add grinds directly into the mesh filter that fits the brew basket or insert a soft pod with the pod holder. For the stronger caffeine fixes or on days you want to enjoy cup-after-cup without brewing each time, the “carafe-side” makes a full 12-cup pot for your drinking disposal. And if you forget to turn it off, no worries. The Two-Way Brewer’s nonstick, keep-hot plate retains the piping-hot coffee after brewing and shuts off automatically after two hours
Brew in Advance and Wake Up to Hot Coffee
Want to sleep in for five more minutes? Go ahead, get some more beauty sleep and take advantage of the built-in, programmable clock and timer. Its hour and minute features let you program your ideal coffee-drinking time up to 24 hours in advance.
Brewing with Soft Pods
No time for measuring or scooping? Prefer the convenience of quickly dropping in a pre-packaged, pre-flavored pod? The Two-Way Brewer is designed with a pod holder that brews any brand of soft pod coffee and still gives coffee drinkers the complete sensory experience of tasting freshly ground coffee, without the hassle of messy grinds or exact measuring.
For coffee lovers who live for the pleasure of roasting their own beans every day, this Two-Way Brewer offers an added bonus for the extra effort. Equipped with a Brew Strength Selector, you can you choose REGULAR and give your tastebuds the simplicity of standard medium-grind coffee, or you can go BOLD and select a decaf, finer grind or a premium roast brand, such as Starbucks or Melitta for richer flavor.
About Beans, Grounds and Soft Pods*
Did you know that there are four factors that can dramatically reduce a coffee’s freshness? Oxygen, moisture, heat and light. Keep in mind that because less of its surface area is exposed to air, whole bean coffee typically stays fresh longer than ground coffee. According to the National Coffee Association of USA, it’s recommended that brewers should ration out individual amounts of coffee to grind and brew every time, to preserve its freshness and ensure better-tasting coffee. *Source: 2010, National Coffee Association, USA, Inc.
TIPS & CARE
Remember, the Two-Way Brewer unit will only brew one side at a time. For a particular preference, simply switch the lever left or right. The unit can be used with any soft pod coffee brand, available in the coffee aisle of your local grocery store, or with any loose coffee grounds. The Two-Way Brewer is not compatible with the K-Cup pack.
When in doubt about freshness, look for a “use by” date on the package or follow the online recommendations of your coffee brand. To avoid overflow of ground coffee, use slightly less coffee when brewing decaf or flavored brands. For hotter coffee: rinse the travel mug with warm water; then replace with travel mug lid and brew directly into the travel mug with lid in place. Remember, adding cold milk or cream to your coffee can affect the heat. First, warm milk or cream before adding to ensure the hottest cup.