LG Optimus Elite Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
- 3G-enabled, Android-powered smartphone with 3.5-inch touchscreen and access to wide range of Google mobile services
- No monthly contracts with Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk unlimited data, text and voice plan
- 800 MHz processor; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking; 5.0-MP camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; GPS navigation and location services
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
3G-enabled, Android-powered smartphone with 3.5-inch touchscreen and access to wide range of Google mobile services
No monthly contracts with Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk unlimited data, text and voice plan
800 MHz processor; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking; 5.0-MP camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; GPS navigation and location services
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
? See more technical details
Product Dimensions: 4 x 1.9 x 0.9 inches ; 2.7 ounces
Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
The LG Optimus Elite is a great-looking device is loaded with powerful features. Experience Android on a large 3.5″ screen, tap to pay with Google Wallet, and choose from hundreds of thousands of apps in Google Play. All that, combined with Unlimited Data & Messaging, puts the Optimus Elite a cut above the common smartphone.
With the 3.5 inch touch screen, you can glide though menus and websites and pinch and zoom while your looking at photos or surfing the web. The 5 MP camera with LED flash allows you to snap and share pictures from your phone. Through Polaris Viewer you can view lots of different file types on your phone such as Microsoft Office and PDFs.
- 3.5” Capacitive Touchscreen
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 5MP Camera, LED Flash and Video Capture
- Android Market for all the latest applications
- Bluetooth Firmware Version 4.69
- 800 MHz Processor
- EVDO Rev A and WiFi
- Google Android browser
- 3.5 mm Headset Jack
- NFC Capable (Google Wallet)
- External Memory: up to 32 GB
The LG Optimus Elite weighs 4.25 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.47 x 0.39 inches. Its 1520 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7.2 hours of talk time, and up to 10.5 days of standby time.
What’s in the Box
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The LG Optimus Elite runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)–the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you’re playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android (“Froyo”), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Optimus Elite also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Pricing
With Virgin Mobile, you can pay only for the calling time you use. You can choose a monthly Beyond Talk plan with unlimited data and messaging and just the right amount of talk minutes for your needs.
Beyond Talk Unlimited Plans
Virgin Mobile customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people across the United States (see a map of Virgin Mobile’s coverage area).
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.